The company says the changes to its range of funds demonstrate its “distinctive investment management approach.”
The changes include:
· New Japan fund to be launched, managed by Yoshihiko Ito of Nippon Value Investors, based in Tokyo.
· New Global Growth fund to be launched comprising the investment strategies of current managers Magellan, EdgePoint, Sands Capital and Select Equity Group.
· The fund allocation of the Adventurous Portfolio will be changed, removing the Corporate Bond fund and adding the new Japan fund, increasing the weighting to equities.
· The new Strategic Growth Portfolio, a medium risk-rated solution, will be added to the range of Growth and Income Portfolios.
· Johanna Kyrklund of Schroders will be appointed as the lead manager for the Managed Growth fund and will be responsible for the strategic asset allocation overlay.
· Brian Vollmer of Select Equity Group will take responsibility for the global large-cap element of the manager’s strategy within the Worldwide Opportunities fund.
Chris Ralph, chief investment officer, St. James’s Place, said: “The launch of the new funds, and other changes announced, reflect our continued commitment to selecting the best fund managers from across the globe. These changes are a tangible demonstration of the benefits of our investment management approach, and provide clients with a diversified range of funds to meet their long-term investment objectives.
“Japanese equity markets present an interesting long-term opportunity for investors as part of a diversified portfolio, and the appointment of Nippon Value Investors represents another exclusive relationship to St. James’s Place. This takes the number of strategies available exclusively to St. James’s Place clients within the UK retail market to 29.
“The Global Growth fund provides a new investment idea for our clients and represents a genuinely complementary solution alongside our existing range of global equity funds.
“As part of the ongoing monitoring process, we have identified the need to introduce the Strategic Growth portfolio to the existing range of Growth and Income portfolios. This will be primarily invested in equities and aims to provide capital growth over the medium to long term.”