The new positions would start on 1 April 2020.
Currently Paradigm Norton, Barry Horner, sits on the board.
To be considered, nominees for FPSB’s 2020 Board of Directors are required to be able to participate in English-language meetings, and should have one or more of the following characteristics:
• CFP professionals should have senior-level volunteer experience with an FPSB Affiliate and endorsement from that organisation
• Public interest (consumer-oriented) perspective
• Standards-setting/regulatory/audit/compliance experience
• Profession-building experience
• International firm strategy/innovation to expand into new markets
• Modernising/transitioning business in financial planning space
• Perspectives from markets where financial planning is not yet established
FPSB chairman Gerhardt Meyer CFP: “As part of the FPSB board of directors’ commitment to building a global Financial Planning profession, we are seeking individuals with public interest, standards setting and profession-building experience.
“FPSB’s new board members will join a geographically diverse, talented group of individuals focused on helping consumers plan well to live well, and encouraging them to access the advice of competent and ethical CFP professionals around the world.”