Liam Coleman, Alice Maynard CBE and Tommaso Valletti will take up roles as non-executive directors from this month for a three year term.
Alice Maynard was jointly appointed by the Treasury and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. She has experience as a non-executive director and adviser in a range of industries and is a board member at HMRC and Transport for London and was previously chair of the charity Scope.
Liam Coleman has held leadership roles in banking, including as the CEO of the Co-Op bank. He is currently chair of Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust.
Tommaso Valletti is a competition and regulatory economist who has experience in academia, development banks and recently as a senior competition expert at the European Commission.
Current FCA Board members are:
- Andrew Bailey – executive FCA board member and chief executive
- Catherine Bradley CBE – non-executive FCA board member
- Amelia Fletcher OBE – non-executive FCA board member
- Baroness Hogg – non-executive FCA board member
- Charles Randell CBE – chair of the FCA
- Nick Stace – non-executive FCA board member
- Sam Woods – non-executive FCA board member
- Richard Lloyd OBE – non-executive FCA board member
- Christopher Woolard – executive FCA board member and director of strategy and competition
The Financial Conduct Authority regulates 59,000 financial services firms and financial markets and is the prudential regulator for 18,000 of those firms. The Treasury is responsible for appointments to the FCA board, along with the department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy for two of the non-executive directors.