The global body, which currently has more than 188,000 CFP holders worldwide including just under 1,000 in the UK, included the ambition in its six 2020 priorities announced recently.
The 6 priorities are:
1. Broadening the Global CFP Footprint: The aim is to introduce CFP certification and establish Financial Planning as a profession in 40 territories around the world (up from 27 territory) and have 250,000 CFP professionals by 2025.
2. Expand CFP Certification in India where FPSB directly offers qualifications, introducing new exams and pathway qualifications starting in April.
3. Increase Global Awareness: Implementing “an integrated global communications strategy” through CFP-affiliated Financial Planning bodies around the world to raise awareness of the value and the benefits of Financial Planning, CFP certification and the global Financial Planning profession.
4. Future Proof the Profession: FPSB will “evaluate and update” its Financial Planning process, Financial Planning practice standards and Financial Planner competency profile (including conducting a global practice analysis) to strengthen professional competency and practice standards so that CFP professionals can “thrive” amid technological change and evolving client expectations.
5. Increase Connectivity and Collaboration: FPSB will deepen connectivity within the FPSB network to foster agile decision-making and responsiveness to changing client and other stakeholder needs. It will also connect CFP professionals to each other and to the global professional community.
6. Increase Compliance with Standards: FPSB will work with FPSB affiliates to enhance compliance with FPSB’s standards.
Noel Maye, FPSB chief executive, said: “FPSB Ltd. has charted an ambitious course to establish Financial Planning as a global profession, with the CFP marks its symbol of excellence.
“Having a broad and growing FPSB Network and global community of CFP professionals committed to upholding FPSB Ltd.'s standards for competent, ethical and professional advice will support FPSB Ltd.’s mission to benefit the public, and help promote increased public confidence and trust in financial services globally.”