Argonaut Paraplanning in Reading is planning a major expansion in the next six to 12 months because there is such high demand for its services, the company said.
Alan Gow, DipPFS APP ACSI Accredited Paraplanner, co-owner of Argonaut, said the expansion would enable the firm to open its doors to new clients for the first time in a few years.
Mr Gow was speaking to Financial Planning Today magazine for our ‘pulse of the Financial Planning profession’ cover feature.
Read in full HERE.
He said: “We’re feeling very confident about 2018 and are busy putting plans in place for growth. Demand for outsourced Paraplanning services shows no signs of slowing down.”
Read more about Argonaut’s plans in the cover feature from page 28 onwards HERE.
He also reported seeing a “significant increase in the number of enquiries about Defined Benefit pension transfers over the course of 2017”. He said: “There is no doubt this will continue in 2018.”
Mr Gow said that an improvement in the overall quality of DB pension advice would be among his top wishes for this year, with a reduction in the amount of contingent charging for this type of business.
More broadly, he also wants to see more recruitment of young people into the industry and more promotion of the profession to sixth formers and graduates.
See the full article from pages 28 onwards HERE.
Other key features in the latest issue include:
• A 5 page Special Report on Financial Planners surprising expectations for 2018
• Cashflow Modelling - is the time right to extend its uses to more clients?
• Planner Casebook - Tamsin Caine unravels a topical and complex pension transfer case with inspiring rewards
• Top 10 Client Hunter Tips
• Columns from leading Financial Planner Julie Lord, PFS chief executive Keith Richards, CISI head of Financial Planning Jackie Lockie and other key commentators
• DFM news and listings