Linda Woodall, former director of life insurance and financial advice at the FCA, has joined Reading-based Huntswood’s panel of regulatory and industry specialists.
As highlighted by the FCA’s Business Plan 2018/19, published in April, the volume of regulatory change and scrutiny of financial services firms remains “unprecedented”.
The Regulatory Conduct Advisory Panel works alongside Huntswood’s advisory and assurance experts, adding insight to help the industry manage challenges.
Drawn from regulators, Government departments and the industry, the panel includes:
• Linda Woodall (portfolio non-executive director)
• Baroness Ros Altmann (Member of the House of Lords; former Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions)
• Natalie Ceeney CBE (chair, non-executive director, business advisor and speaker; former CEO of FOS)
• Jeannette Lichner (Independent business advisor; corporate governance and regulatory expert)
• Rhiannon Harfoot (culture change consultant, former director, people and culture programme, Barclays UK Retail Banking)
Paul Scott, chief commercial officer at Huntswood, said: “The pace and complexity of regulatory change is set to continue – the resulting challenge for firms is how they mitigate compliance, and wider business risks, to deliver high quality services in a cost efficient way.
“I am delighted that Linda has joined our high profile and highly experienced panel.
“The panel work alongside our in-house experts on a range of projects, adding tangible value to ensure we drive better outcomes for our clients and, importantly, their customers.”
Ms Woodall said: “I am very pleased to join Huntswood’s advisory panel, alongside Ros Altmann, Natalie Ceeney and others, to support the firm’s valuable work in helping its clients succeed in this challenging environment.”