Leading UK Financial Planner Barry Horner CFP, chief executive of Paradigm Norton, is the current chairperson of FPSB’s board of directors and is the chief executive of Paradigm Norton.
The Certified Financial Planner qualification is one of the world’s fastest growing Financial Planning qualifications with a 15,726 increase in holders of the CFP designation last year. The total number of CFP professionals worldwide rose to 175,573 worldwide with about 1,000 in the UK.
To be considered, nominees for FPSB’s 2019 board of directors are required to:
· Be able to participate in English-language meetings; and
· Not be an office bearer with an FPSB member organisation while sitting on the FPSB board of directors
In addition, FPSB’s Nominating Committee says it will favour candidates with one or more of the following characteristics:
· If a CFP professional, volunteer experience with an FPSB member organisation and endorsement from that organisation
· Experience in markets where Financial Planning is well developed (and evolving differently than in the past)
· Current executive-level experience in wealth management/financial planning with a global/international firm
· Experience with launching into multiple new territories and making business model adaptations
· Entrepreneurial mindset to take a business through launch and growth to development stages in nonprofit, professional body or non-government organisation spaces
FPSB board chairperson Barry Horner CFP said: “The FPSB board of directors and FPSB’s member organisations are committed to increasing consumers’ access to competent and ethical financial advisers and Financial Planners globally as well as establishing Financial Planning as a global profession.”
“FPSB is seeking a new person to join its board who will add geographic diversity, has a global mindset, and is comfortable in dynamic business environments to complement the experiences and skill sets of the existing board.”
The FPSB works with its network of 26 member organisations globally to develop, promote and enforce standards for over 175,000 CFP professionals worldwide.
FPSB will finalise its selection for the FPSB board by February 2019. The chosen individuals will join other volunteer board members from Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Meetings are held around the world.