Subjects up for discussion this afternoon include the Paraplanner Standard, the performance of professional bodies, how to get more people into the profession and whether compliance ruins reports.
Other potential questions the delegates at the informal ‘unconference’ could discuss are:
• DB transfers - when will it ever end?
• CIPs - opportunity for shoe-horning or genuine Financial Planning tool?
The sold-out Powwow, which has a Western theme and is staged in teepees, also featured a list of future, or ‘yonder’, events.
These included :
• 16 October Powwow North West (sold out - waiting list available to join)
• 18 October Powwow in the Middle, Nottinghamshire (tickets available to book now)
• Date TBC Aussie Rules Paraplanning (Online Howwow)
• Date TBC IHT Online Howwow with Octopus Investments
The event, now in its sixth year, was kicked off this morning by Caroline Stuart, who said: “It is a force of nature, it's a collaborative, it’s put on by Paraplanners for Paraplanners.”
This year’s Powwow began last night when Paraplanners met ahead of the event for a meal – or ‘Chowwow’.
• Financial Planning Today will feature regular coverage of the event today so check back with us regularly.