- Thursday, 09 July 2015
1. Portfolio Publishing, publisher of Financial Planning Today, respects the privacy of the individual and the corporation. When we collect data from you, we take appropriate action to ensure that measures are taken to ensure that the data we collect is only relevant to the purposes we have stated in this document.
1. Information about you is collected from you as a user of the site when you register for email services such as newsletter or for user registration or comments, ratings and other areas. We collect this data so that we can give you a personalised service which means that you will see content relevant to your profession and usage and to provide us with information which assists in the provision of the web service to you.
3. You are able to amend any data or personal information collected about you my logging in to your account and amending the details held about you. You can do this after logging in or registering for the first time.
4. User information that we collect and that is supplied by you as a user of the site www.financialplanningtoday.co.uk and as defined under our terms and conditions (see relevant section on this site) is covered primarily by the Data Protection Act 1998. The Act requires Portfolio Publishing to follow rules and guidelines as defined by the act. Further details are available on request.
5. Users can access the data that we hold on them at this website by contacting Portfolio Publishing either in writing, by phone or by e-mail, We reserve the right to make a nominal charge of £6.50 to compensate us for any administration costs.
6. The details and data that we store about you may be moved to another publication within the Portfolio Publishing group or may also be transferred to a new owner in the event that the site or company are sold to new proprietors.
1. When you as a registered user request information from the website relevant information about this is stored on the website. This may include IP address, username, browser version, a page, search request, operating system and other such information as is processed when the user uses the site. The storage of this information is to help us collect aggregate data on usage of the site and for no other purpose. The information stored helps us to provide statistical data and other information to advertisers and other third parties but data relating to you personally is never passed on.
2. While the security of the internet is improving Portfolio Publishing cannot guarantee that any data supplied is completely protected from cyber attacks or other forms of malicious intervention and, as such, users must take care to ensure that no personal financial or sensitive information is recorded.