Terms and Conditions
- Thursday, 24 May 2018
By using this website you agreed to abide by the terms and conditions listed below. This is a legally binding agreement between you and Portfolio Publishing Ltd, publisher of the Financial Planning Today website.
Under these terms and conditions you may use the Financial Planning Today website at www.financialplanningtoday.co.uk. These terms apply regardless of the media or device you use to access this service. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions stated here you should not access the website, register for it or use any information contained herein. You should also cancel any registrations you may have with this site. If you have any questions please contact
1. General Guidelines
These terms and conditions were issued on 24 May 2018 and replace all and any previous terms and conditions for this website. We will update or change these terms if there is a change in the law or regulation. If you are a subscriber or registered user of the site, any changes will become effective from the date of your first or next Financial Planning Today renewal. It may be necessary in future to cease to publish Financial Planning Today or any of its content or end any services provided by the site. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you, except if you are a paid subscriber. In this case we will offer you a refund of the unused period of your subscription or make an appropriate alternative offer acceptable to you.
2. Site Usage
You can do the following:
• view our content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with Financial Planning Today or Financial Planning Today magazine (whichever mobile or desktop device you are using) and store Financial Planning Today content on that device for your personal use only.
• share links to articles by using the article tools we offer, for example emailing details to a colleague.
• print a copy of any articles on paper for your personal usage.
• publish online, headline links, or forward them to other individuals for any non-commercial use and where no commercial gain is made.
• when sharing content or printing articles for commercial use no advertising, sponsorship or other revenue-generating mechanism can be added or embedded to the content without advance written permission.
• share content as long as no revenue is deprived from Financial Planning Today.
Your obligations on content usage:
• if you are a registered user or subscriber, you must not pass on or share your user name and password with anyone else. If you wish to purchase a multi-seat corporate licence you must contact us to discuss in advance and purchase the appropriate licence.
• publish, copy, republish or pass on headlines or other content from the site in any way other than under the “Permitted Use” rules listed above. This includes as part of any syndication service.
• archive or store any of the Financial Planning Today content for access by anyone other than yourself, for example on a corporate database or intranet.
• remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of Financial Planning Today content made under these terms and conditions.
• create a database in any form of content from the site or information acquired while using it.
Linking to our site is allowed under the following terms:
• no logos or trademarks from the site may be used
• you may link to the homepage of Financial Planning Today and may also link to other pages of Financial Planning Today as long as the terms in this agreement are adhered to;
• you must not suggest or imply that Financial Planning Today is endorsing your products, services or website;
• you must not misrepresent your relationship with Financial Planning Today and must state clearly on each article what that relationship is.
• you must not run a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other rights and it must adhere to relevant laws and regulations;
When you register you must give Financial Planning Today accurate information about yourself and it is up to you to update this information with any changes.
This information is important to us and we use it when aggregating data about users, planning new services and informing advertisers and sponsors about usage of the site. Your individual information is not passed elsewhere except where you choose to disclose this yourself in any forums, comments or articles you write.
In order to register you need to select a user name and password. You must not share these. We may choose to suspend, cancel or reject your registration at any time without explanation if you fail to abide by any of the rules of registration. You should not create more than one registration without our express written permission. Failure to abide by this may result in cancellation of your access.
You can choose to remain logged in on the site but it is sensible not to do this on a computer used by users other than yourself.
4. Content Policy
By creating content yourself on the website in the form of comments, blogs or forum participation by doing so you agree to us using this content in any other media published by Financial Planner, Portfolio or their licensors. You agree to receive no payment for this re-use of content and that it may be used in any form or manner we see fit as long as it is not used in a form where your words or comments are distorted to form a meaning or sense with which you would never have used. We are able to use the content in any manner and for any purpose we see fit in whole or part.
Should any content you upload or send for usage on the site prove to be damaging to a third party in any sense, including financially, you will be responsible in full for any claims against us made by a third party.
Any content you send to us must not infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party.
No advertising or promotion of goods or services or other products or any kind is allowed without our advance permission and we will remove, without notice or compensation, any comments we believe to be unfair, inaccurate or potentially damaging to a third party.
In return for the above requirements, we promise to do our utmost to safeguard your privacy and handle your content with care and diligence to the best of our abilities.
5. Advertising, sponsorship and other services
The Financial Planning Today website may publish links to other websites or online and mobile services which are available from third parties, including advertisers and sponsors. If you have also signed up for our newsletters or registered to use the site we may also send you messages from advertisers or sponsors from time to time by email. Accepting this is part of subscribing to our newsletters.
It is entirely your choice whether you wish to select any of the services or products on offer from these companies or whether you rely on any third party products or services available. We cannot control how data or information is used by these providers and our rules do not apply to their content or offerings. We take no responsibility for any claims, promises, assertions or guarantees made by any advertisers.
Financial Planning Today publishes advertising and sponsorship on a regular basis but always makes this clear either by running banner advertising in clearly defined sections or by stating when partner or sponsor content is being published. All advertisers and sponsors are responsible for their own websites and content and must abide by all applicable laws and regulations. We can take no responsibility for content on these sites. You should not agree to any software downloads or to sign up to any services or products provided by third parties unless you agree with their terms and are content that their service is one you wish to buy or subscribe to.
Financial Planning Today and Portfolio are not responsible for any technical issues arising from use of any third party websites or software downloads.
6. Our Duty To You
7. Registration and Information Supplied to You
It is a requirement of using this site, when accessing any content beyond the first sentence of any article, that you register and provide us with information about yourself. This information that you supply must be accurate and timely and this also applies where we offer any paid subscription services where registration is required. We may from time to time use your contact information to supply you with information about new content, new services from us and new services and products from selected third parties. You have a right at all times to choose to opt out of any information sent by third parties but it is a requirement of registering to use this site that you receive regular communications from us and our partners where this information is sent by us.
If at any time you wish to de-register from our services or communications and are unable to do this online you may do so by telephone by ringing our customer services dept on 01895 347490.
In turn, we may terminate your registration and subscription at any time for any reason although we will not do this without communicating this with you and discussing other options. This applies both to free and paid subscriptions. If you have paid a subscription for a period of time and we cancel your subscription early you will be entitled to a pro rata refund.
8. Legal Jurisdiction
The terms and conditions contained herein are subject at all times to to English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise from any matters in connection with these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to institute proceedings against you in your country of residence or principal country of business if outside the UK if we deem it appropriate.
9. Other Terms and Rights
These terms do not allow you to transfer any licences or rights to a third party without our express written permission. We have the absolute right to transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions listed here to any part of Portfolio Publishing that we deem appropriate. We may also transfer, sell or dispose of this website in any way seen fit by us. This may also involve transfer of your registration of subscription details. In turn, we will inform you if this has taken place or is about to take place and you will have the right at any time to de-register or cancel your subscription.
10. Web Browsers
Financial Planning Today should be viewable on any modern web browser but we can take no responsibility for the functioning of your web browser nor any issues arising from your use of it to view our website. Any information, including that for payments, that you send to us over the Internet is normally encrypted using the appropriate internet security technology but we take no responsibility for any mistakes, inaccurate payments, fraud or other issues that may occur when a payment is made or at any stage in the future.
11. Date of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were last updated on 24 May 2018.